- Parenting. (group and 1-1. PPP, Nurture and Incredible Years)
- Family support.
- School attendance
WHAT WE DO
We help families solve a wide range of issues, and are knowledgeable about local support services.
We can undertake direct parenting interventions (using models such as Triple P), or signpost parents to suitable support and advocate for them when required.
We support Torbay schools to improve attendance practice.
Our work includes:
- Attendance Audits
- Getting schools attendance policies and procedures ‘Ofsted ready’
- Parenting contracts to improve attendance
- Direct work to support families to improve their child’s attendance
- Legal work relating to attendance issues.
Door knock service
This is part of our attendance service and aims to improve safeguarding procedures in schools.
Torbay schools Family Support Network
We lead and co-ordinate a support group and forum for pastoral and family support workers.
IAPT is a national initiative to improve access to Psychological therapies. We are part of a major training initiative to recruit more workers into children and young people’s mental health.
Family Cooking sessions
We provide cooking sessions for families with an emphasis on a family approach to sharing and cooking together to promote healthy eating and strengthen relationships.
Holiday Activity Picnics
We run holiday projects that address ‘Holiday Hunger’ - where children in receipt of free school meals may be underfed during school holidays.
Sea and Forest School
We have teamed up with Torbay Coast and Countryside and Paignton Zoo to provide outdoor education activities in the school holidays.
Children’s Domestic Abuse Prevention Programme
We run groups for children who have witnessed domestic violence designed to:
- Help children process what they have been through
- Help prevent further domestic abuse in the future
- Help children understand safe behaviour
- Have positive relationships with peers, family and teachers